Quite simply, the Treasurer is responsible for six main roles:
- Tracks all inflows and outflows of money in the NPSIA SA bank account (preferably using excel);
- Oversees the NPSIA Printer Station in the Resource Center;
- This involves tracking usage, restocking toner ink, and making sure people pay for their usage;
- ALLOWS SOCIALS AND CONFERENCES TO RUN SMOOTHLY;
- Makes purchases on behalf of the SA;
- Presents Regular financial updates to the executive, at least monthly during the school year;
- Be aware of any other SA activities involving money;
This is a pivotal role to hold mainly because without proper and diligent money management, the structure and function of the SA will crumble (no exaggeration).
If you fancy yourself someone with OCD, a penchant for nagging others, and a fondness of Microsoft excel, then this job is perfect for you.
This role is also great for those who want to be a jack of all traits. Since most of the roles are habitual and regular, the Treasurer is able to devote some time and energy towards helping with a variety of other tasks that their colleagues may need an extra hand with.